Ghost Hunting 101

Go down

Ghost Hunting 101

Post  NaMairbh on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Have you seen the TV shows, read all the books and now you think you are ready to go on a ghost investigation for yourself?

Here are some rules, tips, equipment and suggestions.

Golden Rule's

1. GET PERMISSION - If you plan on going to a haunted location for an investigation then make sure you GET PERMISSION from the owner. If you enter private land or buildings without permission you are trespassing and it is illegal.

2. Don't use Ouija board's - Different people have different reason as to why Ouija board's are dangerous but the advise is the same, Don't risk it.

3. Bring someone along
- for safety it is important to make sure you bring someone along with you that you know and trust.

Tip's

1. Dress appropriately[/b] - more than likely you will be standing in cold places during the night, the last thing you want is to be cold and wearing uncomfortable footwear.

2. Relax - before going on an investigation i always relax and meditate for an hour. if you are free from stress, worries of your everyday life then it will make the evening a lot more enjoyable and it will make you a lot more perceptive.

3. Don't scream or run away! - If you hear a bang, investigate it, thats what you are there for. You may be able to explain it like a draft bang a door shut.....on the other hand you may not!

4. Have fun - Its important to enjoy your evening. Even if you don't experience anything at least you have a night out with your friends.

Equipment

You don't need expensive tools or equipment to investigate.

1. Torch/Flashlight - If you are going to be wandering around an unfimilar location in the dark, its best to be able to see where you are going Wink

2. Notepad and Pen - Write down what you experienced, where and the time.

3. Camera - Not essential but if you have a camera to take pictures then you might be lucky to take a picture of a ghost.

4. Again Relax - I believe that there is no better piece of equipment to pick up on paranormal activity that the 5 human senses, possibly 6th who knows? When you relax you become a lot more in tune with your senses.

Suggestions

Call Out - if you are standing in a room wondering what to do next, try calling out with the following popular questions.

'is there anybody there?'
'can you tell us your name?'
'did you live here?'
'can you show us that you are here?'
'make a noise to show us you are here'

Be silent in the dark
- This creates an atmosphere and helps to build up energy, energy that ghosts may need to make contact.

Don't Expect much - Ghosts don't appear on command. It may take a couple of investigations to experience something that you cannot explain but trust me when that happens its worth the wait!
NaMairbh
Admin

View user profile http://www.namairbh.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ghost Hunting 101

Post  seanyboy1982 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Thanks for the info, i like when peps help further my knowledge of the paranormal Very Happy . As for the last part on "Dont expect much"
How is it that "Most Haunted" conveniently have something happen in every investigation they do? Just goes to show how fake that show is!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
seanyboy1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NaMairbh on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:07 pm

seanyboy1982 wrote:Thanks for the info, i like when peps help further my knowledge of the paranormal Very Happy . As for the last part on "Dont expect much"
How is it that "Most Haunted" conveniently have something happen in every investigation they do? Just goes to show how fake that show is!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I added that because you may get frustrated or discouraged if you go somewhere and nothing happens. I've spent hours in locations where nothing has happened and it can be a let down.

I dont know if the show is fake or not, I think some people take for granted what Most Haunted done for the paranormal community. They took ghost investigations from something that was taboo to something very popular. There would be no TAPS or GHI or any of those shows if it wasnt for most haunted.

If the show is real then one explanation as to why they get activity so much activity would be because they have a medium on the team.
I would think looking at it from a spiritual point of view that if you have someone who can communicate with spirits then they would be more likely to interact with your group rather than a group of sceptics and scientist.
NaMairbh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seanyboy1982 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Im still very skeptical about most haunted especially after the anagram incidents with Derek Acorh. Feel sorry for the guy. I think most Haunted ruined his career.
seanyboy1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NaMairbh on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:29 pm

seanyboy1982 wrote:Im still very skeptical about most haunted especially after the anagram incidents with Derek Acorh. Feel sorry for the guy. I think most Haunted ruined his career.

I think Derek leaving Most Haunted the show. It went very crappy after he left. Maybe thats just because I'm a fan of Derek
NaMairbh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seanyboy1982 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:21 pm

NaMairbh wrote:
seanyboy1982 wrote:Im still very skeptical about most haunted especially after the anagram incidents with Derek Acorh. Feel sorry for the guy. I think most Haunted ruined his career.

I think Derek leaving Most Haunted the show. It went very crappy after he left. Maybe thats just because I'm a fan of Derek

Dude have you seen what they made him do with the anagram incidents??????????????????
seanyboy1982

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down